Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, (BIT),Ranchi is a Deemed University which has been accredited by National Assessment &Accreditation Council(NAAC) and National Board of Accreditation(NBA) formed by UGC and AICTE respectively. It was established in 1955 by the renowned philanthropist and industrialist Mr. B.M. Birla with a vision to catapult it to the status of premier engineering institute in India. BIT established Department of Space Engineering and Rocketry in 1964. I introduced the concept of Small Scale industries Entrepreneurs’ Park and pioneered the concept of Nursery Shreds to provide designing and workshop facilities and project funding. The university boasts of a Super Computer and has 10000 students in various undergraduate and post graduate courses. It has 150 students for P h .d courses. It is an active member of EAGER NETWIC Project of ASIA LINK with a vision to provide international higher education.
Courses offered at Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi
Under Graduate Programmes
Birla Institute of technology offers various undergraduate courses. They are – Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Polymer Engineering and Production Engineering.
Apart from these, the institute also offers courses on Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch), Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharmacy) and Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT).
Post Graduate Programmes: MBA, MCA, M.Sc., M.Tech, and M.Pharma:
Eligibility Criteria for Under Graduate Courses at BIT Mesra
- The upper age limit for admission to undergraduate programmes is 21 years (26 years for SC/ST candidates) as on 1st Oct 2009.
- You must have passed all the subjects you have appeared in Class 10 and class 12 with an average of minimum 60% marks (50% for SC/ST).
Eligibility Criteria for Post-graduate courses at BIT Mesra
- To be eligible for MBA, MCA, M. Sc. programmes you should have passed in all the subjects in Class 10 (not the optional subjects) with minimum 60% marks in average (50% for SC/ST).
- You must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification from any recognized University. You must have scored a minimum 60% marks in average (50% for SC/ST) in the Honours subject.
- If you are appearing for final examinations of the bachelor’s programme in 2008, you are eligible to apply.
- You have to submit the proof of passing the final examination with the required marks.
Application Procedures at BIT Mesra
- The information brochure and the application form can be obtained from the office of Dean Admissions, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215.
- These are also available from the Extension Centers of the institutes in India.
- If you send the request by post you should mention your name, complete postal address, telephone and fax number. Adding to that, you have to mention your qualifications, name of the institute you have last studied, and the name of the course you want to study.
- The cost of the Brochure and Application Form is Rs.500 and if you want to obtain them by post you have to pay Rs.1000.
- You also have the option of downloading the application form from the website http://www.bitmesra.ac.in.
- The photocopies of the documents, color passport size photograph and two letters of recommendation are to be furnished with the application form.
- The application fees and other charges are to be paid by a crossed Demand Draft drawn in favor of Birla Institute of Technology, payable at Ranchi.
- The filled-in forms should reach by the last week of June.
Engineering Colleges by State –
|Jammu & Kashmir||Kerala||Madhya Pradesh|
|Tamil Nadu||Uttar Pradesh||West Bengal|