On this page, we have tried to list all the major information on Center for Electronics Design and Technology of India, Mohali or CDAC as it is presently known. We have tried our best to provide accurate and updated details about the Center for Electronics Design and Technology of India, Mohali. However, if you encounter any discrepancy,do write to us. We welcome any kind of feedback that would improve the quality of the site,a site that strives to provide the best information on Center for Electronics Design and Technology of India, Mohali
Center for Electronics Design and Technology of India (CEDTI), is now known as CDAC (Center for Development of Advanced Computing). It came into existence in 1989, in the Electronics Town of Punjab (ELTOP). Its main function is to provide for the research, training, consultancy, design and product development needs of the IT sector. CDAC also has the facility of training individuals with entrepreneurial capabilities. It is the first society under Ministry of Communication and Information Technology to have obtained an ISO 9002 certification. The institute has applied for the status of a deemed university and is awaiting UGC approval.
Courses offered at Center for Electronics Design and Technology of India
Courses are divided into long term courses, short term courses and sponsored training programs.
The details are –
- Long Term Courses -
- M.E in Electronics product design and technology, Duration – 2 years. The course is affiliated to the Punjab University and is conducted in collaboration with the Punjab Engineering College.
- M.Tech VLSI Design, Duration – 2 years, Eligibility: Admission is held under a general and a sponsored category. For general category, a B.E./B.Tech in Electrical/ Electronics/ instrumentation /computer with 55% marks from any recognized university is required. For sponsored category one has to fulfill the above requirements along with two years of relevant experience.
- Short Term Courses -
A number of Short term courses have been conducted by C-DAC on various subjects related to the I.T sector. Courses such as entrepreneur development have found many eager participants.
- Sponsored programs -
Certain sponsored programs are conducted such as -
- Repair & Maintenance of Telecom Equipment.
- Assembly, Up gradation & Maintenance of PCs.
- Repair & Maintenance of PCs.
- Repair, Service & Maintenance of Telecom Equipment.
- Assembly, Testing & Maintenance of PCs. Total number of participants trained was 50
Other than these courses a number of workshops are being held at regular intervals. These are especially meant for entrepreneurs. And development of entrepreneurship through the application of IT is the major topic dealt with.
The courses conducted for international students are -
- Advanced Course on Wireless and Broadband Communication Networks
- Advanced Course in 3D Animation
- Advanced Course in Multimedia & Web Design
- Training program on Information and Network Security
- Diploma in Linux for Network Application
- Advanced Course in CADD Engineering
- Embedded Systems Design
- Repair, Servicing & Maintenance of Bio-Medical Equipment
- Computer Networks Engineering & Management
Other than the above mentioned courses few other courses are also being conducted at C-DAC, Mohali.
They are -
- Post Graduate Diploma in Animation & Multimedia
- Advanced Diploma in CADD Engineering
- Post Graduate Diploma in Secured Enterprise Networking
- Advanced Diploma in Bio-medical Equipment Technology & Maintenance
- Diploma in Embedded System Design (DESD)
- PCB CAD/CAM
- PCB Design, Fabrication & Assembling
- Advanced Diploma in Wireless & Broadband (VOIP) Communication Networks
Center for Development of Advanced Computing
Erstwhile CEDTI Mohali
(A scientific society under Ministry of Communication & Information Technology,
Govt. of India)
A-34 Industrial Area, Phase VIII,
Mohali, Chandigarh – 160 071.
Phone : 0172 – 2237052 – 56.
FAX : 0172 – 2237050-51