On this page, we have tried to list all the major information on Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi in India. We have tried our best to provide accurate and updated details about Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi. However, if you encounter any discrepancy, do write to us. We welcome any kind of feedback that would improve the quality of the site, a site that strives to provide the best information on Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi.
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi. was established in 1942. CSIR is the largest Research and Development organization in the world with a strength of 10000 scientists and 39 laboratories equipped with cutting-edge technologies. It has aided 50000 research fellows and 10000 senior research associates. CSIR provides support at the post-graduate and doctoral levels. CSIR now has extended its support at school and under graduate levels to inspire students to take up science as a career option by kindling the spirit of research in the students. The institute has been instrumental in popularizing science and scientific research by devising ways and means to make the subject as interesting as possible to the students.
Administrative Profile of CSIR
Chairman CSIR- Dr. Manomahan Singh
Vice Chairman- Dr. Kapil Sibal-CSIR
Director General CSIR- Dr. T. Ramasami
CSIR Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
- M.Sc. with 55% marks . Candidates should qualify at the National Eligibility Test(NET) conducted by CSIR twice a year. Age should be below 28 years.
- Applications for the fellowship are announced twice a year and selection is made on the basis of National Eligibility Test ( NET) conducted by CSIR.
- The duration of the fellowship is of 2 years which can be extended for another 1 year.
CSIR Senior Research Fellowship (SRF)
Eligibility of CSIR SRF
- M.Sc, BE, B Tech with minimum 60% marks and with 2 years of post M Sc, BE, B Tech, research experience.
- ME, M. Tech with minimum 60% marks.
- MBBS or BDS (with 1 year internship) with first division.
- B Pharm, BVSc,B. Sc (Agriculture) or equivalent degree with 60% marks and 3 years of research experience.
- Upper Age limit is 32 years
Selection procedure of CSIR SRF
Selection will be made through the evaluation of academic record and published research papers followed by an interview.
Facilities in CSIR
- Laboratories with state- of- the- art- infrastructure.
- Stipends during the course of pursuing a specific program.
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize
- Young Scientist Award.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Fellowship.
Placements and opportunities in CSIR
- New Idea Fund (NIF) Scheme for Collaborative Proposals
- CSIR Invites proposals for NMITLI Project for the year 2007
- New Idea Fund (NIF) Scheme for CSIR Labs
- Scheme for Mobility of Scientists, technologists, engineers from CSIR to industry and Research and Development institutions.
- Scientists in CSIR on all branches of science
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research(CSIR)
New Delhi-110001, India