On this page, we have tried to list all the major information with accurate and updated details about the Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management, Vishakhapatnam. However, if you encounter any discrepancy, do write to us. We welcome any kind of feedback that would improve the quality of the site, a site that strives to provide the best information on Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management, Vishakhapatnam.
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management, Vishakhapatnam was established in the year 1980 by a team of public-spirited industrialists and socially conscious distinguished personalities of Visakhapatnam city, who were led by the renowned industrialist, parliamentarian and philanthropist, Dr. M.V.V.S.Murthi, the Founder Secretary and current President of GITAM.
Located on a picturesque campus with sylvan surroundings, overlooking the blue waters of the Bay of Bengal with the backdrop of green Rushikonda hills, the Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management, Vishakhapatnam provides an ideal place for healthy and undistracted pursuit of knowledge and skills by the students. Provided with excellent infrastructural facilities and an experienced faculty, GITAM Vishakhapatnam combines the best of both worlds. The institute has been accredited by National Board of Accreditation (AICTE). It has also been conferred the status of an autonomous College by the University Grants Commission and the Andhra University in 2003.
Colleges at Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management Vishakhapatnam
- College of Engineering
- College of Sciences
- College of Management Studies
- Institute of Foreign Trade
- College of Dental Sciences
- College of Pharmacy
Courses offered at GITAM Vishakhapatnam
- College of Engineering: The College of Engineering of GITAM Vishakhapatnam offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in fields like Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Industrial Production Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Basic Sciences & Humanities.
- College of Sciences: The College of Sciences at GITAM Vishakhapatnam offers postgraduate courses in fields like Applied Mathematics, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Studies, Microbiology, Physics / Electronics.
- College of Management Studies: The College of Management Studies at GITAM Vishakhapatnam offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in areas like Business Management, Business Administration and Human Resource Management.
- Institute of Foreign Trade: GITAM Institute of Foreign Trade (GIFT) offers Postgraduate Diploma in Management (International Business) along with certain other Management Development Programs for working professionals.
- College of Dental Sciences: The College of Dental Sciences at GITAM Vishakhapatnam offers Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) courses of 4 years duration followed by 1 year of rotational internship.
- College of Pharmacy: The College of Pharmacy at GITAM Vishakhapatnam offers Bachelor of Pharmacy ( B.Pharm ) courses.
Facilities at GITAM Vishakhapatnam
- Library: The library at GITAM Vishakhapatnam is named after S. Radhakhrishnan, the former President of India. The library is fully computerized and houses a vast collection of books and periodicals and monographs in the fields of Engineering, Technology, Science, Management, Medicine and Literature.
- Internet: GITAM Vishakhapatnam has a 2 Mbps leased line Internet connection to serve the computing needs of its students.
- Accommodation: GITAM Vishakhapatnam has separate hostel facilities for boys and girls and is equipped with the latest amenities.
- Other facilities: GITAM Vishakhapatnam has an indoor stadium for playing games like volley ball, basketball, badminton etc. The Institute also has a branch of the Union Bank of India and a Food World on its campus for the benefit of its students.
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management
Gandhi Nagar, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam – 530 045
Andhra Pradesh, India.
Phone :(+91-891) 2790101, 2790202,2790404,2790505
Fax : (+91-891) 2790399, 2790037, 2790036