On this page we have tried to list down all the major information, accurate and updated, on Hyderabad (Sind) National Collegiate Boards (HSNC) and Kishinchand Chellaram College. However if you encounter any discrepancy, please write to us. We welcome any kind of feedback that would improve the quality of the site, a site that strives to provide the best information about Hyderabad (Sind) National Collegiate Boards (HSNC) and Kishinchand Chellaram College.
Hyderabad (Sind) National Collegiate (HSNC) Board has expanded its network of colleges in a short succession of time, covering almost all subjects in the fields of Arts, Science, Education, Pharmacy, Engineering and Law besides a number of primary and secondary schools. Some of the colleges thus established are:
- R.D National College, Bandra
- Kishinchand Chellaram College, Churchgate
- Kishinchand Chellaram Law College, Churchgate
- H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Churchgate
- Smt. M.M.K. College of Commerce and Economics, Bandra
- K.C. College of Management Studies, Churchgate at K.C. College Premises
- Smt. C.H.M. College, Ulhasnagar
- Bombay Teachers Training College, Colaba and many more.
Hyderabad (Sind) National Collegiate Board started the Kishinchand Chellaram College of Arts and Science (K.C. College) in the year 1954 in Mumbai. This was the second Institute that the Management had set up in Mumbai. The history of the board and the establishment of K.C. College actually speaks of the enterprising spirit of the Sindhi community.
The credit for the establishment of the college goes to the late founders, Principal K.M. Kundnani and Barrister Hotchand Advani, who with their own abilities, helped to set up the K.C. College as well as numerous other educational institutions.
It was one of the few colleges to get the permission of starting subjects like Industrial Chemistry and Bio-Technology for B.sc.
The college has been known to encourage excellence in all fields, not only among the students but also among the teachers. It has conducted various sessions on the latest teaching techniques used at Harvard University. These sessions were controlled by a panel of teachers invited from the Harvard University itself.
The college also arranged for an Indo-Australian conference with the aim of exchanging information between the two universities.
HSNC believes in wholesome education of the youth which will include in enhancing his physical, mental, moral and emotional aspects. So students are encouraged to participate in different co-curricular activities.
Junior College:- Arts, Science, Commerce
- Electrical Maintenance
- Computer Science
- Office Management
Admission in vocational subjects are accorded on the basis of merit and aptitude.
Degree College:- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Commerce (Bcom), Bachelor of Science(Bsc), Bsc Computer Science
K.C College have started the following vocational courses for:
- B.Sc- Industrial Chemistry, Biotechnology
- B.com -Computer Applications
- Ancient Indian Culture
M.Sc by papers:-
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
M.Sc by Research :-
- Inorganic Chemistry – To be sanctioned from the University
- Analytical Chemistry (Radio & Nuclear)
- Organic Chemistry -To be sanctioned from the University
Ph.D:- Hindi, Organic chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry
All the above courses have received affiliation from the University of Mumbai.
Very recently HSNC has introduced degree courses in Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM) and Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSc. IT). The Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology has been introduced from this academic year.
The extension courses under the K.C College are:
- Marketing and Sales Management (Higher)
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Business Management (Basic)
- Business Administration (Higher)
- Travel and Tourism Management
- Export and Import Management
- Compute Management
- Hotel Management
- Personnel Management and Industrial Relations
- Financial Management
- Diploma in Management Studies (this course is affiliated to the University of Mumbai)
- Investment & Market Studies
- Computer Programming (Software)
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Analytical Chemistry and Quality Assurance
- Pharmaceutical Business Management
Hyderabad (Sind) National Collegiate Boards has tied-up with American Universities resulting in the opportunities for students for getting admission abroad. In the coming years they can acquire degrees from New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) in some selected branches.
The Board has established international connections with a number of foreign Universities, to give unparalleled opportunities to students for higher education. The list of Universities are listed below:
- Union College, Schenectady, USA
- University of West Georgia, Carraltone, USA
- Oberlin College, USA
- Niagara County Community College (NCCC), USA
- Dunedin School of Education, New Zealand
- Monash University, Australia
Dinshaw Wacha Road, Churchgate