On this page, we have tried to provide all the major information on Institute of Health Management Research, Jaipur.We have tried our best to provide accurate and updated details about the IIHMR Jaipur. However, if you encounter any discrepancy, do write to us. We welcome any kind of feedback that would improve the quality of the site, a site that strives to provide the best information on the Institute of Health Management Research.
Institute of Health Management Research, IIHMR Jaipur was established in 1984. It is the first institute of its kind in India. IIHMR is recognized by the Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Finance, Government of India. It has been accredited by the International Hospital Federation & Association of University Programs in Health Administration. IIHMR solely focuses on the area of health management. It conducts research, training and consultancy jobs in collaboration with premier international organizations like, UNFPA, UNICEF, WHO, ODA, DANIDA, KFW & GTZ, NORAD, CARE, World Bank and USAID. IIHMR chiefly works for the departments of Central government like Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (GOI), Planning Commission, Indian Council of Medical Research, and for state governments. IIHMR also has collaborations with international universities like, University of North Carolina for providing the facility of post graduation to students of South Asia.
Academic Programs offered by Institute of Health Management Research, Jaipur
IIHRM offers a Post Graduate course (PGDHM) with specialization in Hospital Management, Health Management and Pharmaceutical Management.
The salient features of the program are
- It is a two year full time course.
- The program aims at creating competent professionals in the field of management who can efficiently handle planning and operation of various management techniques. The course also helps develop consultancy skills among its students so that they can function as managers in different hospitals, health centers and pharmaceuticals of develop0ing countries, in both public and private sectors.
- The institute has a collaboration with multi facility hospitals like, Santokbha Durlabhji Hospital and Medical Research Center and several other hospitals. This helps the trainees in gaining practical knowledge of their job.
- There are 120 vacancies annually for the course. The course has been recognized by the AICTE, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- The program has also been recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), as a degree which is equivalent to MBA degree from any recognized university of India.
- IIHRM has been ranked as No. 4 among business school in a recent survey (C-Fore B-Schools in India) conducted by the Outlook Magazine.
Eligibility – the course can be pursued by fresh graduates as well as by working executives. The eligibility criteria varies for these two groups of applicants.
Requirements for fresh Graduates
- Graduation in any stream, with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate
- Must qualify a MAT conducted by AIMA.
- Candidates seeking admission to pharmaceutical management must have have a B.Pharm or B.Sc degree.
- Candidates who have appeared in the final examination of graduation may also apply for the course, but they have to provide suitable evidences within two months of their admission.
Requirements for Working Executives
- Graduation in any stream with a minimum of 50% in aggregate.
- Minimum two years of relevant experience
- These candidates do not require to qualify MAT.
The selection is done on the basis of merit. Candidates short listed on the basis of their MAT scores are called for a group discussion and personal interview. Final selection is made after considering the scores obtained by the candidate in all divisions.
Placement : Students of IIHRM are placed in hospitals, health sector and pharmaceutical companies like
- Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
- Apex Hospital, Jaipur
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Calcutta
- Apollo Health and Lifestyle Ltd., Hyderabad
- Apollo Hospital, Ranchi
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai
- Apollo Clinic, Jaipur
- Apollo Hospital, Bilaspur
- Asia Heart Foundation, Yemen
- Asian Heart Institute, Mumbai
- B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Nepal
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Ltd., Pune
- BSR Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Bhilai
2. Health Centers
- Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, Allahabad Agricultural Institute Deemed University
- Aga Khan Health Services, Ahmadabad
- Arth, Udaipur
- Bhoruka Charitable Trust (BCT), Bangalore
- CECOEDECON, Jaipur
- CINI ASHA, Kolkata
- Centre for Development and Population Activities, New Delhi
3. Pharmaceutical companies
- Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre Ltd., New Delhi
- My Healthskape Medicals Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
- PharmARC Analytical Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Banglore
Institute of Health Management Research(IIHMR)1,
Prabhu Dayal Marg, Sanganer Airport, Jaipur -302011
Phone : +91-141-2791431~34
FAX : +91-141-2792138