Featuring some 400 acres of rural campus area, Kalyani University or the University of Kalyani is one of the most notable higher learning institutions in sub urban West Bengal. Founded on November 1, 1960, this university is member of Association Commonwealth Universities (ACU), Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and Global University Network for Innovation (GUNI). Kalyani University, West Bengal is just 50 km from capital Kolkata and is easily accessible. It is also rated high among the Actuarial Science colleges in India. More than 2,000 post graduate and PhD students are served by some 217 top quality teachers at this institution. Faculties of Kalyani University, West Bengal are Science, Engineering Tech and Management, Arts and Commerce, Music and Fine arts as well as Education and Law.
Kalyani University, West Bengal Programs and Courses
A large number of courses and programs are offered by Kalyani University, West Bengal. Students can choose certificate, under graduate, post graduate, M. Phil and Ph. D programmes. Distance learning opportunities are also offered by this institution. Kalyani University, West Bengal maintains 36 (thirty six) affiliated degree colleges and engineering colleges. Kalyani University, West Bengal courses are as follows:
- MLISc. in Library & Information Science.
- M.A. in English, Folklore, Sociology, Political Science, Rural Development & Management, Education, History, Bengali, Economics and Modern Language.
- D.Sc. / D. Litt. by all the PG Departments.
- Ph.D by all the PG Departments.
- M.Sc. in Education, Environmental Science, Biochemistry & Biophysics, Mathematics, Microbiology, Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Physics, Physiology, Botany, Chemistry, Geography, Statistics, Zoology.
- B.Ph.Ed. in Physical Education.
- MCA in Computer Application.
- MBA in Business Administration.
- M.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering.
- M.Ed. in Education.
- BLISc. in Librery & Information Science.
- B.Ed. in Education.
- M. Com. in Commerce.
- M.Ph.Ed. in Physical Education.
- PG Diploma (one year) in Financial Economics.
- B.Tech in Information Technology as well as B.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
In addition, a number of certificate courses are also offered by this institution.
Kalyani University, West Bengal Admissions
For Kalyani University, West Bengal admissions, the students can contact the admissions department. Requirements for admission entirely depend on the particular course. However, for the post graduate courses, prospective students must be a graduate.
Kalyani University, West Bengal Address
University of Kalyani,
Kalyani – 741 235
Phone: +91-33-2582-8220, 2582-8293, 2582-8750, 2582-8378
Fax: +91-33-2582- 8282