MGM Institute of Health Science, Navi Mumbai, owes its origin to Mahatma Gandhi Mission Trust in 1989. The trust was formed by like minded engineers, scientists,doctors with a mission to serve the society. The founder is Chairman Hon. Shri. Kamal Kishore Kadam, ex-minister of education, Maharashtra. The organization has 32 institutions at 5 centers located in different parts in Maharashtra and Noida . The organizing committee strictly adheres to the principles of Mahatma Gandhi and believes in imparting the best of education to the students. Most of its hospitals and institutions are certified by ISO.
The status of affiliation is as follows:
- Under Graduate Course(MBBS) – Maharashtra University Of Health Sciences, Nasik.
- Post Graduate Courses (Degree, Diploma)- Mumbai University.
Hospitals with teaching facilities:
- MGM Hospital,Kamothe – 440 Beds
- MGM Hospital, Kalamboli – 120 Beds
Specialty Affiliated Hospitals :
- MGM New Bombay Hospital, Vashi – 120 Beds.
- MGM Hospital & Research -120 beds
Administrative Posts :
Shri Kamal Kishore Kadam – Chairman
Dr.P.M. Jadhav – Vice Chairman
Shri. Ankushrao N. Kadam – Secretary
The following course are offered by MGM Institute of Health Sciences:
The admission is conducted by the MGM common entrance test where the application form is on sale from 15th March to 30th April and the written test is tentatively conducted after 20th May and the academic session starts from August.
Post Graduation courses are offered in the following subjects:
- Surgery -MS
- Obstetrics and Gynecology-MD.
Diploma courses offered by MGM are as follows:
- D. Ortho
Research Projects in MGM Navi Mumbai :
Many projects are conducted by MGM in collaboration with ICMR and University of Texas.
Some of the topics of the research project are as follows:
- Research and Academic affiliation on infectious diseases .
- Studies on immuno-modulation and anti-HIV properties of Herbal extracts.
- Peripheral blood based PCR array for quick detection of Micobacterium tuberculosis in HIV-infected patients.
- Facilities:Finding of Taxoplasma Gondii in peripheral blood of patients with AIDS using Polymeras chain reaction.
Department of Genetics:
Established in 2004 and it stresses upon research activities in karyotyping, standard cell culture of peripheral blood, monolayer tissue culture, G-banding, fluorescence in-situx hybridization (FISH), and hematological malignancies, stem cells. In the near future M. SC and Ph.D courses on genetics will be introduced soon.
The facilities offered by the institute are as follows:
- Library-It has a huge collection of books.
- Animal House- It has a huge animal house over 2500 square feet area used for clinical trial.
- Play fields-It has a huge play field spread over 5 acres of land.
Contact details of MGM Institute of Health Sciences:
MGM University of Health Sciences
MGM Hospital Campus,
Sector 1-A, CBD Belapur,
Navi Mumbai – 400614. India
Phone: + 91 22 27573441
Fax: +91 22 27564408
On this page, we have tried to list all the major information on MGM Institute of Health Science, Navi Mumbai. in India. We have tried our best to provide accurate and updated details about MGM Institute of Health Science, Navi Mumbai. However, if you encounter any discrepancy, do write to us. We welcome any kind of feedback that would improve the quality of the site, a site that strives to provide the best information on MGM Institute of Health Science, Navi Mumbai.