Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies was established in 1981 by the Shri Vile Parle Kelavani mandal(SVKM) with donations from the Narsee Monjee Educational Trust. By the order of the University of Mumbai, NMIMS was established to cater to the growing demands of management personnel. To produce trained personnel equipped with the technical knowlwdge of the ever changing world of management was its primary aim.
NMIMS is the first business school to be awarded a “Five Star” rating by NAAC, it has also been graded as an “A” level institute by NAAC. It has been awarded the ISO 9001:2000 Certificate by the ICL in 2004.
The central Government has awarded NMIMS the status of a “Deemed University” in January 2003, on recommendations of the UGC and the AICTE.
NMIMS has also started a kind of partnership with industries through a cell called Industry Institute Partnership Cell (IIPC). The IIPC looks to the development of curriculum for students, consultancy programs, training programs related to industries, mentorship programs by practicing professionals for training students, so on and so forth.
Departments at NMIMS: Taking advantage of the Deemed status, NMIMS has developed a system of schools of study.They are
- School of Business Management
- Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management and Engineering
- School of Pharmacy and Technology Management
- School of Distance Learning
- School of Architecture
- School of Science
- School of Commerce
Courses Offered at Narsee Monje Institue of Management Studies: The School of Business Management offers
Full Time Programs
- MBA (Core Program), Eligibility: Graduate with 50% marks.
- MBA ( Pharm. Management), Eligibility: Graduate/ Postgraduate in Life sciences, Bio-medicine, Chemical Engineering, Pharmacy, Medicine with minimum 50% marks.
- MBA (Capital Markets), Eligibility:Graduate with 50% marks.
- MBA (Actuarial Science), Eligibility:Graduates/ Post Graduates in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics with minimum 50% marks.
- MBA (Global Business), Eligibility:Graduate with 50% marks.
- MBA (retail Management), Eligibility:Graduate with 50% marks.
- MBA (Service Management), Eligibility:Graduate with 50% marks.
- PGDBM (Family Business), Eligibility:Graduate with good communication skills.
- Joint Doctoral Programs, Eligibility:PG or equivalent in disciplines like humanities, social sciences and commerce, from a recognized university /PG Diploma in Business Administration, considered equivalent to MBA by AIU and 2 years of experience.
- Part Time MBA, Eligibility: Graduates from recognized universities.
(All Diploma Programs require Graduates from a recognized University)
- Enterprise Training Programs For Women
- Advanced Modes of Learning(DAML)
- Management Programs for Executives
Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management and Engineering offers
- MBA (M.Tech)
- Ph.D in Engineering
School of Pharmacy & Technology Management Offers
- Part Time M.Pharm
- MBA (Pharm Tech.)
- Ph.D in Pharma Science
Placements: Candidates graduating from NMIMS get placements in prestigious companies such as
- ABN Amro Asia Corporate Finance
- Adventity BPO India Pvt. Ltd.
- Agro Tech Foods Ltd.
- Air India
- Britannia Industries Ltd.
- Dabur India Ltd.
Contact Details of Narsee Monje Institute of Management
SVKM’s NMIMS University
V. L. Mehta Road,
JVPD Scheme, Vile Parle (W),
Mumbai – 400 056. India.
Tel.: +91 – 22 – 2613 4577 / 2618 3688
Disclaimer : On this page, we have tried to list all the major information on Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies. We have tried our best to provide accurate and updated details about the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies However, if you encounter any discrepancy,do write to us. We welcome any kind of feedback that would improve the quality of the site,a site that strives to provide the best information on Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies.