On this page, we have tried to list all the major information with accurate and updated details about the National Insurance Academy, Pune. However, if you encounter any discrepancy, do write to us. We welcome any kind of feedback that would improve the quality of the site, a site that strives to provide the best information on National Insurance Academy, Pune .
National Insurance Academy, Pune was established in 1980 by the Finance Department of the Government of India as a private-public venture. Set in the scenic natural surroundings of the city of Pune, the National Insurance Academy is located on a 32 acre land charming in every detail. Situated opposite to the Chhatrapati Shivaji Sports City to the left of the Mumbai-Bangalore Express Highway, the campus is 15 kms from the Pune Railway Station and 24 kilometers from Pune Airport.
The main objective of NIA Pune is to design, implement and operate an insurance training academy which will successfully engage the participating executives, faculty and staff in assisted learning, research, management and communications. It also aims to produce competent insurance executive performers through cognitive and psychological development programs.
Courses at NIA Pune
- MBA : The School of Management at NIA Pune offers a two year, full time residential MBA program approved by the AICTE.
- PGDBA : The School for Executive Education at NIA Pune offers a two year, full time non-residential PGDBA Program for working professionals.
Admissions at NIA Pune
- For admissions to the MBA course at NIA Pune, Indian students will be selected on the basis of their previous academic record, CAT score and performance in the Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Relevant work experience is not essential but may be an advantage. Foreign students are required to pass TOEFL and GMAT before seeking admission.
- For admissions to the PGDBA course at NIA Pune, there is no formal entrance test. However, candidates will be screened on the basis of their educational qualifications, experience, sponsorship, communication skills and value system.
Eligibility at NIA Pune
- For admissions to the MBA course at NIA Pune, graduates in any discipline with minimum 50% marks from a recognized institution in India or abroad may apply.
- For admissions to the PGDBA course at NIA Pune, graduates in any discipline from a recognized institution in India or abroad and with a minimum of two years work experience in a company of net worth of not less than Rs. 5 crores may apply.
Placements at NIA Pune
NIA Pune has a robust Placement Cell that assists its students to achieve placements on successful completion of their course. Max New York Life Insurance Co. Ltd, ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co.Ltd. Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Co. Ltd, HDFC Standard Life Insurance Co. Ltd. etc are some of the companies that have visited the campus of NIA Pune.
Facilities at NIA Pune
- Library : The Library at NIA Pune has a huge collection of books, journals CDs and videos, with books on insurance (both life and non-life) Actuarial Science, Pensions, Management and Training.
- Accommodation : NIA Pune has air-conditioned hostels with Internet connectivity and vegetarian and non-vegetarian cuisines to cater to the needs of its students.
- Traveling : The Academy has its own bus service for visiting Pune City and return.
- Sports and Recreation : NIA Pune offers a full range of sports and recreation facilities within its campus. Fitness buffs can engage themselves in jogging and swimming. Indoor games include badminton, table tennis, carom and bridge. The Equipment Park has facilities like static biking, swinging and rocking.
National Insurance Academy
25,Balewadi, Baner Road,
Pune 411045, India .
Tel :   91-20-27204000 / 4444
Fax :   91-20-27292396, 91-20-27204555