On this page, we have tried to list all the major information with accurate and updated details about the NIIT New Delhi. However, if you encounter any discrepancy, do write to us. We welcome any kind of feedback that would improve the quality of the site, a site that strives to provide the best information on NIIT New Delhi.
NIIT New Delhi, was established on May 23, 2002 as the country’s largest Computer and IT Education Center aiming to serve the diverse IT training needs of different segments of people, ranging from students seeking careers in computers to executives wishing to imbibe new IT skills on one hand and school children and housewives wanting to have their first brush with computers on the other.
The 12000-sq. ft. state-of-the-art center at NIIT New Delhi has 12 computer labs with nearly 300 computers along with a student services area, which include touch screen Internet kiosk, a library and a cafeteria. The new center is located at D-5 South Extension Part II on the main Ring Road, and is defined by colors like flaming orange, sunflower yellow, parrot green and jet black, suggesting the vibrancy that is the hallmark of the place. Through this new center, NIIT New Delhi continues with its endeavor of providing quality IT training that it currently offers through over 2500 centers in 38 countries.
Courses offered at NIIT New Delhi :
- GNIIT : This is a 3 year IT Training Program that includes 1 year of professional practice. The GNIIT Program at NIIT New Delhi is aimed at providing a candidate with skills like planning ability, analytical ability, customer focus, learning ability, image and confidence, documentation skills, communication skills etc. The main thrust areas of the GNIIT Program are Software Engineering, Systems Engineering and Networking, Information Systems Management and BPO Management, which opens up many career paths for learners.
- B.Sc ( IT ) Degree: NIIT New Delhi is providing students access to the B.Sc. (IT) degree program from the well known Karnataka Open University which is delivered through distance education and e-learning.
- M.Sc. ( IT ) Degree : NIIT New Delhi offers its students the M.Sc. ( IT ) Degree which is based on KSOU courseware, the studies and examinations of which incorporate a marks-cum-credit system.
- SWIFT : SWIFT, from NIIT is the simplest and quickest way to acquaint individuals with basic IT skills,and has something for everyone – from housewives, to Gen Next to senior citizens.
- CATS : The Curriculum for Advanced Technology Studies ( CATS ) at NIIT New Delhi encompasses a series of high-end programs designed for individuals who want to stay abreast of technology developments and upgrade their knowledge in specific areas within IT.
- BIOINFORMATICS : The BIOINFORMATICS Program at NIIT New Delhi is designed in academic collaboration with IIT Delhi’s Supercomputing Facility for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology and covers training in the Fundamentals of Modern Biology, Information Technology, Bioinformatics and Computational Biology.
- IMPERIA : The NIIT IMPERIA Program is developed for working professionals in academic partnership with prestigious institutes like IIM Ahmadabad, IIM Calcutta and IIM Indore. The program aims at enhancing skills of working professionals in areas like General Management, Sector Specific Management and Functional Management.
Admissions and Eligibility at NIIT New Delhi :
- The minimum eligibility for admissions to the GNIIT course is a pass in the 10+2 standard examination.
- Admissions to the NIIT SWIFT Course and NIIT CATS Course are open to all who have passed the 6th and 7th standard respectively.
- Admissions to the NIIT BIOINFORMATICS Program is open to candidates having a Master’s Degree with at least 60% marks or having a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine or Engineering only. Students are required to qualify in an Entrance Examination prior to admission.
- Admissions to the NIIT IMPERIA Program is reserved for working professionals only.
Placements at NIIT New Delhi :
- Candidates studying at NIIT New Delhi find placements in various companies of India and abroad.
D-5 South Extension Part II
Ring Road, New Delhi.
Ph : 91-11-26262347/51640869 /26255936