The National Institute of Technology Warangal (NITW), then known as the Regional Engineering College, Warangal was the first engineering college of its kind to be set up in the country in the year 1959. The institute is actually situated in a place called Kazipet, Andhra Pradesh and the National Highway 202 runs alongside the institute campus.
NITW is a premier engineering institute of the country which strives to attain not only academic excellence but aspires to develop good and moral human beings out of its enrolled students by inspiring them to learn social values, compassion and other soft skills required to survive in today’s world of competition and rivalry.
- Under-graduate and Post-graduate programs in Bio-technology
- Under-graduate and Post-graduate programs in Chemical Engineering
- Under-graduate and Post-graduate programs in Civil Engineering
- Under-graduate and Post-graduate programs in Mechanical Engineering
- Under-graduate and Post-graduate programs in Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Under-graduate and Post-graduate programs in Materials and metallurgical Engineering
- Under-graduate and Post-graduate programs in Computer Science and Engineering
- Post Graduation in Physics
- Post Graduation in Chemistry
- Post Graduation in Mathematics
- The Electronics and Communications Department has a post graduation program (2 years course) in Electronics Instrumentation and VLSI systems designing.
- Electrical Engineering Department has a post graduation program ( 2 years) in Power Systems and Electrical Systems and Industrial Drives
- The Civil Engineering Department has five post graduation programs in Engineering Structures, Water Resources Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering and Remote Sensing and Geographical Information Systems
- The Mechanical Engineering Department has post graduation programs in Thermal Engineering, Manufacturing Systems Engineering and computer integrated Manufacturing and Advanced Manufacturing Processes.
- The metallurgical Engineering Department has a post graduation program in Industrial metallurgy.
Science Departments Offers :
- Physics Department : Post graduation in Engineering Physics with specialization in Photonics, Electronics and Instrumentation
- Chemistry Department : Industrial Chemistry with specialization in ‘Dyes, Drugs, Pharmaceuticals and Pesticides.
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Materials and metallurgical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Mathematics & Humanities
- Physical Education
Like in all other national institutes of engineering in the country, admission to NIT Warangal in the undergraduate course, can be taken by qualifying in an entrance examination, known as the All India Engineering Entrance Examination conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education. For post-graduate or M.Tech. courses the entrance is through the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering better known as GATE.
Contact Details of NITW
National Institute of Technology, Warangal
Warangal, Andhra Pradesh
Phone No: 91-870 2459191
Fax No: 91-870 2459547
Website : firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering Colleges by State –
|Jammu & Kashmir||Kerala||Madhya Pradesh|
|Tamil Nadu||Uttar Pradesh||West Bengal|