Punjab Engineering College (PEC), attained its present state in the year 1954 when it shifted base from Pakistan to Chandigarh. Before partition it was known as Punjab College of Engineering & Technology and after partition as East Punjab Engineering College. It started with the common engineering departments like civil & mechanical but it went on to incorporate several offbeat courses in its syllabus. It was granted the status of a Deemed University in 2004. Situated in a sprawling campus of 164 acres, it provides students with the facilities of numerous libraries and laboratories for various engineering departments. The campus is divided into several areas like hostels, Main College Building, Administration Block and Residential Complex for staff and faculty. The present Director of PEC is Dr. Vijay Gupta.
Departments of Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh:
The various departments of PEC offers Undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses.
The departments of PEC are
- Aeronautical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Computer Science engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Information Technology engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- metallurgy engineering
- Production engineering
- Electronics & Electrical communication engineering
- Applied Science
Courses offered at PEC Chandigarh:
Undergraduate program of 4 years (Bachelor of Engineering, B.E)
- Aeronautical Engineering, Seats:15
- Civil Engineering, Seats: 60
- Computer Engineering, Seats: 30
- Electrical Engineering, Seats: 60
- Electronics & Electrical Communication,Seats: 60
- Information Technology Engineering, Seats: 30
- Mecahnical Engineering, Seats: 60
- metallurgical Engineering, Seats: 40
- Production Engineering, Seats: 30
A two year 4 semester course on Master of Engineering (M.E) is conducted on the following subjects:
- Civil Engineering(Highways), Seats: 25
- Civil Engineering (Irrigation & Hydraulics), Seats: 25
- Civil Engineering (Structures), Seats: 25
- Environmental Engineering (Inter disciplinary), Seats: 08
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Seats: 25
- Computer Sc. and I.T., Seats: 25
- Electrical Engineering (Power Systems), Seats: 25
- Electronics Engineering, Seats: 25
- Electronics Product Design & Technology, Seats: 25
- Industrial Materials & metallurgy, Seats: 25
- Mechanical Engineering (Rotodynamic Machines), Seats: 25Every department of PEC offers Doctoral research facilities.Admission Procedures at Punjab Engineering College:
- Admissions to UG courses in PEC are conducted on the basis of ranks that students secure in the AIEEE. The admission to a particular branch is decided by the Joint Admission Committee.
- Admissions to PG programs in PEC are usually conducted on the basis of GATE scores. Candidates must have a minimum of 60% marks in graduation for getting admission. Non-gate candidates are considered after they go through written test and interview.
- Admissions to Ph.D courses in PEC are conducted on the basis of written test and interviews (in some cases). Admission to Ph.D courses can be conducted any time in the year.
Hostels for male and female students, gymnasiums and swimming pools are present for students.
Contact details of PEC Chandigarh:
Punjab Engineering College (Deemed University)
Sector -12, Chandigarh- 160012
Telephone: 2753064, 2753277
On this page, we have tried to list all the major information on Punjab Engineering College, Sector 12, Chandigarh. We have tried our best to provide accurate and updated details about the Punjab Engineering College, Sector 12, Chandigarh. However, if you encounter any discrepancy,do write to us. We welcome any kind of feedback that would improve the quality of the site,a site that strives to provide the best information on Punjab Engineering College, Sector 12, Chandigarh
Engineering Colleges by State –
Andhra Pradesh Bihar Goa Gujarat Haryana Himachal Pradesh Jammu & Kashmir Kerala Madhya Pradesh Maharashtra Orissa Jharkhand Punjab Rajasthan Sikkim Tamil Nadu Uttar Pradesh West Bengal