On this page, we have tried to list all the major information on Shri Govindram Seksaria Institute of Technology and Science, Indore. We have tried our best to provide accurate and updated details about the Shri Govindram Seksaria Institute of Technology and Science, Indore. However, if you encounter any discrepancy, do write to us. We welcome any kind of feedback that would improve the quality of the site,a site that strives to provide the best information on Shri Govindram Seksaria Institute of Technology and Science, Indore.
Shri Govindram Seksaria Institute of Technology and Science, (SGSITS), Indore, came into being in 1952 as Shri Govindram Seksaria Kala Bhavan. At the beginning,it offered few licentiate and diploma courses on engineering. It has been accredited by the AICTE and have been granted the status of an autonomous institution in 1989 by the UGC. This status grants SGSTIS the power to frame its own curricula, and to conduct its own examinations. At present SGSTIS conducts about 17 post graduate and 9 undergraduate courses. There are about 2400 students enrolled with the institution at any given point of time.
Departments of SGSTIS
Broadly speaking Engineering and Business management are two faculties under which there are several departments
1. Engineering Departments:
- Civil Engineering & Applied Mechanics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Industrial and Production Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Technology and Applications
- Information Technology Engineering
- Biomedical Instrumentation Engineering
- Applied Physics
- Applied Chemistry
- Applied Mathematics & Computational Sciences.
2. Business Management Departments:
- Sales & Marketing
- Sales & Finance
- HR & personals
- Diploma in Administration
Centers & Cells of SGSTIS:
- Computer Center
- Center for Continuing Education Program
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell
- Training and Placement Cell
- Central Workshop and Management Cell
Courses offered at Shri Govindram Seksaria Institute of Technology and Science:
- B.E. In civil engineering
- B.E (Part Time Course)
- M.E in Civil Engineering in
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- M.Tech in Environmental Engineering
- B.E Electrical Engineering
- M.E (Power Electronics)
- PhD (Electrical Engineering)
- B.E. Electronics & Instrumentation engineering
- M.Tech Course in Microelectronics & VLSI design
- B.E Bio-Medical Engineering
- B.E (IT)
- B.E Mechanical Engineering
- B.E (Part Time) Mechanical Engineering
- M.E Tribology & Maintenance Engineering
- PhD Mechanical Engineering
- B.E Computer Engineering
- M.E Computer Engineering
- M.E in Industrial engineering & Management
- B.E in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
- M.Sc Applied Mathematics
- M.Sc in Applied Chemistry
Admissions at SGSTIS:
- B.E – Candidates have to qualify in a Pre Engineering Test (PET) held by The state government of Madhya Pradesh.
- B.E Part Time – candidates who hold diploma or certificates of engineering can avail this course.
- M.E/M.Tech – Candidates with a valid GATE score can apply for M.E/M.Tech courses in SGSITS.
- M.Pharm – Candidates with a B.Pharm degree can apply for this course.
- MCA – A Merit test is organized by the institute which decides the fate of applicants as regards their admission to the MCA course.
- PhD – Candidates with Master’s degree can apply for doctoral programs on relevant subjects.
Students of SGSTIS generally get placements in companies like -
- L&T Infotech
- LG Electronics
- Ashok Leyland
- Magadh Precision Equip. Ltd.
- Atos Origin India Pvt Ltd.
- Secure Meters
- Bajaj Tempo
- L&T ECC
- Patni (PCS) Mumbai
- ITM Group of Colleges
- Simplex Infrastructures
- Sterlite – SIIL – Balco
- Induslogic Inc.
- Suvi – Webdunia
- NEC HCL
- Minda Industries Ltd
Contact details of SGSTIS
Shri Govindram Seksaria Institute of Technology and Science, Indore
23, Park Road,
Indore- 452003 (M.P.) India
Phone : 91- (0731) 2544415
Fax : 91- (0731) 2432540
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org