The Academy of Maritime Education and Training or AMET, as it is popularly known, is a private enterprise situated in the outskirts of the city of Chennai. The Admission to various courses of AMET would be based on the performance of the candidates in the written test and an interview. The schedule of AMET admissions 2008 is not yet out.
However you can the details of the courses offered and the application procedure for 2008-09 below-
Courses offered by AMET:
The Academy of Maritime Education and Training will be admitting students in the academic year 2008-9 for the following courses-
- 3 year B.Sc. Nautical Science Course
- 4 year B.E. marine Engineering Course
- 4 year dual competency course in B.E marine Technology
- B.E. Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
- 3 Year B.B.A. with specialization in Shipping and Logistics
- HND (Nautical Science) in collaboration with Glasgow Colleges of Nautical Studies
- HND Marine Engineering in collaboration with Glasgow College of Marine Engineering
- One year Graduate Mechanical Engineering (GME) Course at AMET.
Application Procedure for AMET Admissions 2008:
Application forms for various courses of AMET can be obtained by post from Academy of Maritime Education and Training, 135 East Coast Road, Kanathur 603112, by sending a DD of Rs.400 favoring, AMET payable at Chennai.
Besides they are also available at-
- AMET University ,
135, east Coast Road, kanathur 603112
TEL : 91 – 44 – 27472155 / 27472904 / 27472905 / 27472157
FAX : 91 – 44 – 27472804.91-44-28250550
- AMET SHIP MANAGEMENT SERVICES (P) LTD.,
B-201, Royal sands, New Link Road
Behind Fame Adlabs, Andheri (W), Mumbai 400053
Fax : 022-26302585
- AMET City Office
No. 5107, H2, 2nd Avenue
Anna Nagar, Chennai 600040
Tel: 044 – 26161438, 26161180, 26162031
FAX: 044 – 26162827
Application forms can also be filled online at http://www.ametindia.com/preapp.html.
Mass Communication Colleges in India