Education in West Bengal has come a long way to provide a fulfilling learning experience to students across the state and from other parts of the country. Universities in West Bengal have shouldered the responsibility of maintaining the flow of knowledge and information for generations. Their meticulously field tested methods have ultimately paid off as the level of education has improved throughout the state.
Aims and Objective
With financial and social support from National organisations such as National Council of Education (N.C.E.) and private organizations, Universities in West Bengal have successfully reached full throttle in their journey towards ultimate academic success. Great leaders, scholars and teachers in West Bengal have helped strategise the aims and objectives of these Universities.
- Promoting higher education and popularizing the traditional subjects that have considerable historical and cultural importance attached to it.
- Exploring all the avenues of academic administration and free them from bureaucratic propagandas to unleash their full potential.
- Universities concentrate on shaping the academic leadership into a model of perfection and efficiency.
Courses that are Offered
Few popular universities in the state are Burdwan University, Calcutta University, Jadavpur University, and Kalyani University. These universities offer various courses such as under graduate, post graduate, PhD, diploma, certificate, dual-degree, extra departmental courses and more. Under graduate and post graduate courses are divided in three segments which are-
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of science
- Faculty of engineering and technology
These universities provide courses like- comparative literature, economics, film studies, international relations, philosophy, sociology, chemistry, instrumentation science, bio-technology, mathematics, and physics along with modern subjects that are leading the world like architecture, chemical engineering, computer science, bio-chemical engineering, power engineering, production engineering, and more.
- Improving the structure of existing departments and advancing the level of research.
- Developing new courses through rigorous research and enforcing them in the education system after measuring their worth.
- Using modern electronics and multimedia functions and instruments to enhance the level of learning experience.
- Human resource development is the new aspect of education transformation and universities of West Bengal concentrate on enabling them to provide full functionality always.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES IN WEST BENGAL
|Name/Address||Phone / FAX||E-Mail/Website|
|Jadavpur University Calcutta – 700032 West Bengal||Ph: 033- 4732443, 4734044, 4734495, 4736194, 4736236, 4734266||Email: email@example.com|
|Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Kharagpur – 721302||Ph : 91-3222-255221, Fax : 91-3222-255303||Web : www.iitkgp.ac.in|
|Kalyani University Kalyani Nadiad- 741235 West Bengal||Ph: 033- 5828690, 5828478 Fax: 5828282||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Visva-Bharati, PO : Santiniketan Dist. : Birbhum, West Bengal||Ph : (03463) 262751 to 262756 (6 lines) Fax : 091 (3463) 262672||Web : www.visva-bharati.ac.in|
|Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalay, P.O. Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Mohanpur, Dist. Nadia, West Bengal – 741252.||Ph : 033-25878163 Fax : 03473-222277||Email : email@example.com, Web : www.bckv.edu.in|
|Vidyasagar University, Midnapore, West-Bengal – 721102||Ph : 91-3222-276554, Fax : 91-3222-275329||Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, Web : www.vidyasagar.ac.in|
|Rabindra Bharati University, 56 A, Barrackpore Kolkata, West Bengal – 700050||Ph : 91-33-5568079 / 5573028, Fax : 91-33-5568079||Web : www.rabindrabharatiuniversity.net|
|West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Science, 68, Kshudiram Bose Sarani Kolkata, West Bengal – 700 037||Ph : 91-33-5565021 Fax : 91-33-5571986||******|