Journalism and Mass Media have become extremely popular career choices amongst students these days because of the dynamism and the constant challenges that these subjects offer. But a mass communication course from any college is certainly not a wise decision; you have to choose prudently so that the institution as well as the knowledge provided by its course proves to be an advantage to you. Take a look at some of the best mass communication colleges in India.
Top 10 Mass Communication Colleges in India
- IIMC, Delhi:This institute was set up by the government of India in the year 1965 on the recommendation of a group of internationally acclaimed mass media personalities. The IIMC is considered to be one of the most premier institutions for Mass Media training as well as research. The faculty included eminent personalities from the fields of art, culture and newspaper and radio. This institute provides post graduate diploma courses in Journalism as well as Advertising and Public relations.
- Asian College of Journalism, Chennai : Established in the year 1994, the Asian College of Journalism is committed towards producing some of the best journalists in the country today. Their course includes a series of lectures and workshops and the assignments that the students work on enable them to have a clear idea of how to find information and place it in front of the mass. A premier institution of mass communication and journalism, the Asian College of Journalism has the required infrastructure and the fine faculty to help you excel in this field.
- MassCoMedia : MassCoMedia is a new-age communication education concept and a brand new mass media institute with comprehensive and specialized courses ranging from print media, radio and television, both production and journalism, to films, the Internet, animation, special effects, gaming and other allied areas like advertising, corporate PR and event management.MassCoMedia has a tie-up with international and Indian universities offering undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in mass communication and broadcast journalism.Contact:
A 94-3, Sector 58, Noida – 201 301, U.P., India
Phone: 0120 2519000,
- Film and Television Institute of India, Pune : Also known as FTII, this institute was established in 1960 and has been churning out since then some of best filmmakers and production heads in the field of television and cinema in Asia. It is an autonomous body under the wings of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. The institute has all the required equipments for successfully training its students.
- AJK Mass Communication Research Centre, Delhi : Considered to be one of the most prestigious institutions in the field of mass media and journalism, was set up in the year 1982 and started operations a year later. It offers post graduate degree and diploma programs to its students in mass communication, broadcast technology, journalism, development communication, still photography as well as animation and graphics.
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, Pune : Renowned for its superior quality training techniques, this institution knows how to blend theory and practice in a homogenous manner. Set up in 1990, the institute has come a long way to becoming one of the most sought after establishment for media ad journalism courses.
- Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai : The institute began its journey in the year 1969 and provides superior quality curriculum in Photography, Creative Writing, Radio Jockeying, Journalism and Mass Communication, and Advertising and Marketing Communications.
- Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, Bangalore : The IIJNM was established in the year 2001 by a non-profit trust. Apart from their good faculty and their training techniques, the institution is also famous for providing placements to its students to some of the most well known news and media houses.
- Times School of Journalism, New Delhi : Founded by the Times Group in the year 1985, this institution has one of the best in-house as well as external faculty, thanks to the leading position it occupies in the field of media and journalism.
- Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad : Widely known for its post graduate courses, Mica was established in the year 1991. The curriculum that it covers is contemporary as well as dynamic. The institute has provided the industry with some of the most competitive and creative minds in the fields of advertising, media and communications.
- Manorama School of Communication, Kottayam : Launched in the year 2002, this institute has been able to make a mark within a very short span of time. It provides state-of-the-art training facilities and the course lasts for a period of ten months. Practical training is given more importance than the theoretical aspect.
Mass Communication Colleges in India